A Certified Midwife is an individual educated to provide midwifery who is certified by the American College of Nurse-Midwives. Midwife practice is the independent management of care focusing on pregnancy, child birth, postpartum care, family planning and the gynecological needs of all women.
- Systematically obtains or updates complete and relevant data for assessment of the client’s health status.
- Accurately identifies problems and diagnoses based upon current interpretation of the data.
- Delineates health care goals and formulates and communicates a complete needs/problems list in collaboration with the woman.
- Identifies need for consultation with or referral to appropriate members of the health care team.
- Provides information and support to enable women to make appropriate decisions and to assume appropriate responsibility for their own health.
- Develops a comprehensive plan of care with the woman based on supportive rationale.
- Assumes direct responsibility for implementing the plan of care.
- Initiates management of deviation from normal, including emergencies and specific complications.
- Evaluates with the woman, the achievement of health care goals 10 Identifies problems and related complications requiring consultation and collaborations (co-management)
- Obtains consultations. Plans and implements collaborative management (co-management) with other providers.
- Continues management of midwifery aspects of care.
- Serves as consultant or co-manager for other providers. Performs other related duties as assigned
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Masters degree in midwifery.
- One to two years of midwifery experience.
- Graduate of an accredited clinical training.
- Basic midwifery care and knowledge.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Midwife license in New York.
- Certification from American College of Nurse-Midwives
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Location: One Location
Benefit Conditions: A waiting period may apply