Responsible for all Purchasing functions and Materials Management. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer the incumbent in this class is responsible for the direction and coordination of the Materials Management Program at the Health Center, which includes the development and maintenance of cost effective procurement methods, efficient warehousing design and operations, and commodity specifications. The incumbent must possess a knowledge of procurement, warehousing and inventory management involving medical supplies, pharmaceuticals; and other commodities normally used in a Health Center. The incumbent must also possess a knowledge of the principles of program management.
- Directs the Materials Management Program for the Health Center by developing policies, procedures and standards for procurement, warehousing, and commodity specifications for approval by the CEO and the Board of Directors.
- Monitors performance of the Materials Management System by reviewing reports of purchasing, warehousing, and inventory activity and recommending corrective action to ensure cost effective materials management.
- Directs the preparation of the supplies budget for all service units in Health Center and analyzes expenditure patterns and usage trends to ensure the materials management system is administered efficiently.
- Development of commodity standards and specifications, the preparation of vendor agreements, the determination of the efficient utilization of storage space pertaining to Health Center supplies, and the coordination of an authorized materials management system.
- Graduate from an accredited College and three years of highly responsible administrative experience in the area of materials management and purchasing. This experience must have included inventory control, distribution, procurement, warehousing, and supply forecasting. An additional year of the required education on a year-for year basis.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Location: One Location
Benefit Conditions: A waiting period may apply