The Driver/Maintenance person is responsible for transporting patients as requested; providing other driving services as required by Mount Vernon Neighborhood Health Center, assisting with general maintenance of patient areas and grounds.
- Assists with the general repairs of the entire building.
- Checks all lights and replace bulbs as needed.
- Checks and replaces stained and broken ceiling tiles.
- Checks all fire exit lights and all exterior lights.
- Checks for any temperature changes.
- Assists with the repairs of laboratories, toilets and water faucets.
- Makes simple repairs to equipment such as fans, motors, heaters and office equipment.
- Maintains cleanliness and order of all storage rooms.
- Checks outside of building for appearance.
- Maintains cleanliness of the building at all times. Performs general cleaning duties as required.
- Cleans all bathrooms. Including sinks, toilets, floors, walls and dispensers.
- Cleans interior glass, and all outside glass to doors and windows in front of building.
- Sweeps all floors and vacuum carpets daily.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to use the tools of and to make minor repairs in tow or more of the above-mentioned trades; ability to use most of the simpler tools usually associates with a building maintenance shop such as a drill press; Six years experience as a handy man, two years of which shall have been spent in the trade, or a satisfactory combination of training and experience.
- Familiarity with the accident and safety precautions of the above mechanical trades.
- Familiarity with the equipment, procedures and techniques used in the electrical, plumbing and mechanical maintenance trades.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- New York State Driver’s license.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $35,000 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Location: One location
Benefit Conditions: A waiting period may apply