Reporting directly to the CEO, the Executive Assistant, to the CEO provides executive, administrative, and development support to the CEO, as well as the Senior Leadership Team and Human Resources. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the CEO. The Executive Assistant serves as a liaison between the CEO and all levels of staff within the organization and colleagues of the CEO. The Executive Assistant organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts and oversees special projects including, but not limited to research, data compilation, creation, editing and preparation of documents for meetings surveys and presentations on behalf of the CEO.
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO including: calendar management, completing expense reports, composing and preparing confidential correspondence, preparing agendas, and compiling documents for meetings.
- Provides “gatekeeper” and “gateway” role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the CEO’s time.
- Communicates directly, and on behalf of the CEO, with Department Heads, donors, and others on matters related to the CEO’s programmatic initiatives.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the CEO, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the CEO’s office and internal departments; demonstrates leadership to maintain credibility, trust, and support with senior management.
- Works closely and effectively with the CEO to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and manages a variety of special projects for the CEO, some of which may have organizational impact.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the CEO’s ability to effectively lead the company.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Ensures that the CEO’s bio is kept updated and responds to requests for materials regarding the CEO and the organization in general.
- Prepares and edits meeting minutes of the CEO; reviews and edits documents and reports created on behalf of the CEO by Department Heads and Administrative Assistants including: meeting minutes, correspondence for mass internal email distribution, policies and procedures, press releases, interviews, fact sheets.
- Transcribes/annotates recordings of meetings to create meeting minutes; creates and updates forms for organization’s use including: MVNHC Fact Sheet, Timesheet, New Operational Hours, etc.
- Researches and gathers demographic/census related data and facts to prepare presentations, surveys, and reports on behalf of the CEO.
- Travels and attends engagements, representing and/or speaking on behalf of the CEO in his/her absence.
- Proactively participates in efforts to contact local, state, and national legislators to advocate for funding and resources for FQHCs.
- Reviews terms of approved grants and completes paperwork to remain in compliance with grant requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must have strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, interpret, and summarize complex documents.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, and Social Media platforms.
- The ideal candidate will have the emotional maturity to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands; problem-solving and strong decision-making capability.
- Able to function as an integral member of a multi-disciplinary team.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Location: One Location
Benefit Conditions: A waiting period may apply