Provides medical services which are directly related to his/her specialty of the Center in agreement with established protocols, standing orders, and policies and procedures under the supervision of the appropriate collaborating physician. Under the supervision of the collaborating physician, assumes responsibilities for the management and delivery of medical care assigned to him/her and which are within the scope of practice of the supervising physician and appropriate to his/her education, training, and experience.
- Takes and records or reviews and interprets medical and social history.
- Performs physical examinations.
- Obtains materials for appropriate laboratory analysis.
- Makes diagnoses and prescribes therapeutic regimens.
- Performs studies as indicated, including PAPs.
- Provides guidance to Medical Assistants.
- Screens walk-in patients to assess the need for immediate care or referral to other health personnel. This includes assessment, treatment, and consultation with physicians as indicated.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- At least one (1) year of experience in community health or ambulatory care nursing.
- Graduate of an accredited FNP school.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision in the conduct of duties and responsibilities.
- Competence in counseling and educating patients.
- Ability to participate effectively as an inter-disciplinary team member.
- Completion of a formal recognized program for Nurse Practitioners.
- Basic computer skills required.
- License to practice in NYS, Board Certification in FNP.
- Must be able to work in a culturally diverse population.
- Under the supervision of the collaborating physician, assumes responsibilities for the management and delivery of medical care assigned to him/her and which are within the scope of practice of the supervising physician and appropriate to his/her education, training, and experience.
- Must be able to collaborate with other medical staff in a cordial professional relationship.
- Must work in a professional manner with staff as well as patients (respect, privacy, and professionalism are paramount)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $115,000 per year
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Malpractice Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Eligible for Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- Eligible for National Health Service Corp Tuition Reimbursement
- Sponsorship of H1B Visa
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Location: One location
Benefit Conditions: A waiting period may apply