This is funded by a grant from HRSA to provide Behavioral Health Services to the underserved population (homeless and housed) of Westchester County receiving care at the MVNHC INC.
- Conduct street outreach within our catchment area to identify homeless individuals/families
- Performs HIV counseling and testing to high risk individuals.
- Observe HIV Confidentiality Law and abide by HIPAA
- Knowledgeable and informed on a variety of community resources
- Specific Site outreach
- Work closely with diverse population and/or at-risk communities
- Work closely with multidisciplinary team of providers
- Engage patients in a manner which demonstrates professionalism
- Provide referral information to homeless individuals about the MVNHC network services
- Complete other relevant duties as requested by supervisor.
- Assist in the delivery of health services upon patient registration
- 5+ years of experience with the homeless individuals, and /or Community Health
- Knowledge of community Resources, Knowledge of Outreach Methodology, attend relevant to job training when scheduled, knowledge of HIPPA,
- Experience with community outreach
- Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
- Associates Degree a plus
- Computer literacy required
- NYS valid drivers license
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $31,764 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Location: One location
Benefit Conditions: A waiting period may apply