Under the direction of the Deputy Director of Patient Accounts, the Registration Supervisor is responsible for the complete and accurate registration and updating of all patient accounts, collecting patient information, validating documents, and maintaining records. The Registration Supervisor is responsible for providing direction to and supervising registration staff. This position requires high quality service for patients and accuracy of information.
The ideal candidate will have excellent customer service skills, the ability to effectively communicate with patients and staff, and the ability to effectively multitask.
- Completing new patient registration by entering demographic data into the Practice Management System (PMS).
- Completing insurance verification of patient insurance and entering the information into patient account.
- Scanning supporting documents to patient account.
- Advising patients with no insurance on how to apply.
- Ensuring the accuracy and completeness of daily registrations.
- Updating patient insurance information into the PMS.
- Updating patient accounts with new demographic information such as name change, address change, etc.
- Reassessing patient sliding fee.
- Explaining sliding fee and details about co-pays, deductibles, co-insurance, and non-covered services to patients.
- Completing patient payment arrangement for current and outstanding balances.
- Collecting patient payments.
- Checking in patients.
- Completing monthly reports.
- Completing audit of new registration and reassessment of patient sliding fee.
- Completing orientation and training of new employees and ongoing training of existing staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma and minimum two (2) years of college required.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of customer service experience.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of patient registration experience.
- Previous supervisory/management experience in the medical field preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Location: One Location
Benefit Conditions: A waiting period may apply