The Storeroom Supervisor is responsible to assure the availability of all materials (except Maintenance used items) used in all departments of the Mount Vernon Neighborhood Health Center Network, and to distribute such materials to each department in need of these items in timely and efficient manner; to assure that all medical equipment used in each department of the health center is proper working condition and to ensure that non-working equipment is repaired in a timely manner. To initiate the procurement of all goods and services of the health center thru the use of the Purchase Order system, and to ensure the recording, storage and distribution of these units.
- Assist in assuring all the materials needs of departments in the Health Center.
- Initiate Purchasing activity to assure the availability of materials needed by the Health Center and its proper documentation.
- Assist in the receipt, storage and distribution of materials needed by departments of the health center.
- Co-ordinate with the Materials Director, issues relating to equipment needs or repairs for departments as they occur, and initiate actions for repairs as needed.
- Assure the compilation of inventory documentation, such as inventory receipts, disbursement and balances.
- Writing and recording all purchases on a numbered Purchase Order and submitting to CFO, COO and CEO for approval on a timely basis.
- Liaise with vendors, and request quotations on specific items for Health Center-Based Programs (e.g., WIC, Ryan White).
- Records and keep schedules of all vaccine orders and disbursements. Liaise with vendor on vaccine returns and credits.
- Effectively communicate with all departments and department representatives regarding prescient materials management issues that impact the efficient function of each department.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Creating Schedules and Monthly reporting.
- Assess delivered equipment, tag, record and deploy to assigned department
- Review and dispose of obsolete inventory.
- Strong Problem solving and analytical skills, good decision-making skills and outstanding internal and external customer service skills.
- Record expired materials.
- Maintain relationships and negotiate with suppliers.
- Maintain records of goods ordered and received.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- BSc. Management, or Associates Degree.
- Three to Seven years experience in Materials Management environment with exposure to and or familiarity in healthcare settings/products.
- APICS (American Production and Inventory Control Society) trained or familiarity. Materials Management Inventory Control Systems.
- Strong Problem Solving and analytical skills, sound decision making, and demonstrable ability to motivate others. Excellent verbal and written interpersonal communication skills.
- Excel/Word computer literate, Experience in computerized inventory control systems.
- Strong written communication skills, Internal and external communication skills
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 to $55,000.00
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Location: One location
Benefit Conditions: A waiting period may apply